Painting is a wonderful form of meditation where you can lose yourself and the concept of time. This workshop is designed for the beginner, experienced or advanced. You will learn to draft a still life image into a composition. Photographs will be supplied by the teacher, with varying degrees of difficulty.
Specific painting skills will be taught to enable the student to gradually understand the values of colour and tone and to apply them to the surface to build a layered effect.
You will learn to observe the use of shadows and highlights to create a realistic painting by the end of the class. This is a super fun workshop situated on a 6-acre property where the surrounds complement the activity. Created by an acclaimed landscape designer, these gardens are a must see
- How to mix tones of colour to apply different values to achieve a realistic effect with painting.
- - Lunch is provided to settle those hunger pangs as you work. - You'll have created a finished painting by the end of the workshop.
Free parking on site.
- A good time, towel and chair for bathing or sunbaking.
An old shirt.
Any level of experience welcomed, however a knoedge of the use of values in colour would be excellent.
Vendor since 2020
Slow Life Workshops provides a unique experience that embarks on a personal journey of art making and self discovery. Unique environments are hand picked around Australia and Overseas to mirror the whole experience of self in an inspirational setting. Specific art techniques and skills are taught in a variety of different courses. Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Portraiture and Sculpture are some of the types of workshops available. The location of the workshop may influence the study of subject matter. The food is sourced locally, and the whole body, mind and spirit are considered.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Slow Life Workshops requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. Slow Life Workshops has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Slow Life Workshops does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Slow Life Workshops to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Slow Life Workshops, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Slow Life Workshops or organised by Slow Life Workshops must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Slow Life Workshops
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Slow Life Workshops unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Slow Life Workshops classes and events or on Slow Life Workshops premises. (For use of Slow Life Workshops marketing materials).
Slow Life Workshops requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Slow Life Workshops, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.