Gourmet Delights Cheese Making Course
When the moon hits your eyes like a French camembert pie, that’s amore…! Ok…ok…that’s a little bit cheesy - but not as cheesy as this all day experience learning how to make 5 different soft cheeses!
Get ready while we take you on a sensational adventure as you transform fresh cow’s milk into a soft rinded cheese wheel of creamy, white, gooey camembert goodness ready to crown your next cheese board as your guests arrive. Will you eat yours freshly matured with a sliver of citrus jam on an artisan cracker?…Or choose to leave it to ripen slightly pungently, enjoyed with a chilled verdelho, a side of muscatels and a circle of friends…?
Fancy a blue camembert? You’ll learn how to make that too. Mild and refined, or strongly veined…you can now design your own, as you’ll know exactly how to create the cheese you love to eat! Picture yourself serving your next entrée of pasta rolled in a steaming meld of creamy camembert cheese with bacon...or pillows of fresh gnocchi swimming in a blue camembert cream sauce, infused with confit garlic, crispy sage and roasted walnuts… Guests arriving without notice? Wrap a wheel of your own artisan made camembert in filo and bake ‘til crispy, flaky and golden, and listen to the crowd talk over the crackling sounds of filo mopping up the very last of that hot gooey goodness until the last morsel is gone. You’ll love the way you made it yourself.
Too much to handle? We'll spoil you for morning and afternoon tea breaks and lunch.
Then re-join with the other like-minded cheese lovers of Perth as we teach you how to make your own mascarpone, cream cheese and quark at home too. Your dips, spreads, tiramisu and cheesecakes will reach a decadent new Masterchef level. All preservative free, and made just how you like it! No more wondering how you can make cheese at home…You’ll confidently be making your very own cheeses the moment you leave the class, and planning your next dinner party to share your sensational gourmet creations.
This is one of our most popular courses so don't miss out...Book now!
What you will learn
- How to make white camembert, blue camembert, cream cheese, quark and mascarpone
- The science behind turning milk into cheese…from milk to cultures and sanitation, and how to prevent common mistakes made in home cheese making
- Identify and source the specific equipment and ingredients you need to make more cheese at home
What you will get
- Tastings throughout the day.
- Take home your own home made wheel of creamy white or blue camembert and a copy of The Cheese Maker’s ‘Gourmet Delights Home Cheese Making Guide’.
- Your own 'The Cheese Maker' Apron to keep.
- Enjoy your morning and afternoon tea on us.
- Lunch and a glass of chilled wine for lunch…and have a few great belly laughs with your new friends!
What to bring
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
What to wear
Please come wearing enclosed footwear, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.