We will start each week with loosening up drawing and painting exercises and then progress through with continuing our drawing and painting through the sessions focussing on different techniques each week.
- We will consider the importance of free drawing
- Look at how to get your shapes right
- The importance of lights and darks
- Experiment with inks and mixed media
- Explore how to use watercolour paint
About the tutor:
Jacqui Baxter is a Textile designer and Botanical artist, always inspired by the natural world, her artworks range from intricate botanical illustrations to loose, flowing floral patterns. Her commercial and educational experience in the textile industry and studies in botanical art make her a wealth of knowledge.
Duration: 4 x 3 Hours
- Explore drawing and painting techniques on watercolour paper with pencil,charcoal,inks and watercolour.
- Learn to use seasonal flowers,foliage and found objects as your inspiration.
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with colour, line, texture and pattern.
- Cost includes the classes, and use of inks and other equipment you do not have.
- Seasonal flowers /foliage will be provided.
- Brush and pencil kit, include taklon brushes with a good point. It is good to have a mixture of sizes for eg. 2,4,8
- Erasor, sharpener
- Cotton cloth
- Watercolour paints and a palette.
- A3 Cartridge drawing pad,
- A3 (Arches cold press Canson or your preferred brand of watercolour paper). If you have both bring A3 hot press watercolour paper as well.
- If you are unsure: Bring in only what you may already have at home for the first night. Art equipment is expensive and advise will be given about what to purchase then.
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
All beginners/intermediate welcome.
Vendor sincce 2017
The Make It Collective is a vibrant community of Australian creatives and lovers of handmade. Our New retail, workshop and Gallery space is now open The Make It Collective Shop + Maker space 264 High St Northcote. Come and learn in a safe and friendly environment!