Love admiring the stunning colours and patterns you find on special rocks and crystals? This might just be the class for you! Spend a morning with artist Dawn Tan, to learn all about painting with the magic of watercolours using fun and achievable techniques. Various tricks will be taught and students will enjoy discovering their own style... resulting in various beautiful masterpieces all done up on a variety of archival quality English, Italian and Australian papers. Bring along your favourite rocks and come enjoy a class!
Who is Dawn Tan?
Finding joy in food and nature, Melbourne Artist Dawn Tan works as a freelance illustrator and spends her days creating custom paintings and running art workshops for both adults and children in her Yarraville yurt studio.
Dawn's work, creative career and her classes have been featured in many magazines, press and sites. Some of which includes Frankie Magazine, Smith Journal, Hooray Magazine, Inside Out Magazine, The Age Newspaper, The Herald Sun, The Design Files, A Cup of Jo, Apartment Therapy. Throughout her career, Dawn has also worked with many notable organisations such as Heide Museum of Modern Art, The National Gallery of Australia, City of Melbourne's ArtPlay, Third Drawer Down, The Jacky Winter Group, Craft Victoria, Ella Bache Skincare, South Melbourne Market and so on.
Duration: 2.5 Hours
- Various tricks will be taught and students will enjoy discovering their own style.
- A new found skill along with a stunning masterpiece/s ready for your wall!
- Learn all about painting with the magic of watercolours using fun and achievable techniques.
- Your very own water colouring set which you can take home and continue painting with.
- Each kit contains a Size 8 Brush, pencil, a portable Japanese watercolour palette filled with quality Windsor & Newton paints alongside a variety of beautiful papers.
- Your own painted watercolour rock & crystal portrait
- Your favourite collection of rocks, pebbles and crystals!
- Images can be brought to class as well if you prefer.
- Look for textures and colour in the rocks. Makes it more fun to paint!
Vendor sincce 2017
Think is a combined shopfront and creative workshop venue in Thornbury founded in 2017 by Melbourne artist Maggie May (from the Middle Aisle), and musician and educator Joshua Kelly.
Think formed to nurture and support a local community of artists and creators, while simultaneously empowering people to develop creative thought through their interactions with artists’ products and workshops.
The store has a strong focus on local Australian made and ethically produced products, whilst the workshop venue connects customers directly to these makers through workshops and other creative events.