RENEWAL - Recycled Textile Embroidery Workshop with Textile Artist, Amy Jones, for SYDNEY CRAFT WEEK!
This workshop explores the ways that vintage and scrap textile materials can be used to create a unique textured fibre art piece.
Participants can bring along their scraps of yarn, embroidery thread, embellishments and fabrics, and reuse the, in an exciting new way. Students will also have access to an extensive range of supplies and Amy’s personal stash of vintage fabrics.
Morning tea provided.
What is included:
- Vintage and renewable textiles
- an embroidery hoop
- a detailed stitch guide
What you will need to bring:
* Your can do attitude and sense of fun
* Your glasses if you need them
* Your lunch and any snacks - fridge, microwave and sandwich press available.
Date and times:
Sunday 16 October, 10am to 3pm
Skill level: No previous experience neccesary
What you will learn
- Techniques explored: French knots, Turkey work, Satin stitch & Basic beading
What you will get
- Vintage and renewable textiles an embroidery hoop linen a detailed stitch guide
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your glasses if you need them for close work
What to wear
Comfortable & warm
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).