These 6-week courses use art processes combined with mindfulness, meditation and wellness techniques for a different path to clarity and calm. No ‘artistic’ skills are required because the focus is on the art-making process which allows expression of our innate uniqueness and creativity. An art process could be as simple as looking at an image and responding to it.
Activities will include:
- Using different art materials
- Responding to colours/images
- Creating collages and identifying personal symbols, including mandala makng
- Non-traditional drawing methods eg. stencilling, frottage, shared drawing, etc
- Learn how to combine art techniques with mindfulness
- Learn about positive psychology techniques to increase well-being
- Learn about different art materials and art processes/techniques
- Use any art materials on offer and take home all work created (supplied in a folder that they keep)
- During the session, they will experience short guided meditation based around mindfulness/wellness
- The opportunity to explore their creative abilities in a non-judgemental environment
- A chance to connect with like-minded people and share experiences
- Just your enthusiasm!
Comfortable clothing that won't restrict your movement
Vendor since 2017
Savour, reflect and get creative with Vivid Art Therapy. Vivid’s group and individual services combine creative processes with techniques in meditation, mindfulness and wellness for a different way to find inner calm and clarity. Vivid draws inspiration from wellness philosophies and practices including meditation, mindfulness, positive psychology, motivational interviewing and solution focused therapy. Broadly the goal of all of these approaches is to increase awareness and enhance life in the process.
Vivid’s founder Caroline Curtis-Williams completed a Masters of Art Therapy at Latrobe University. She has worked as an art therapist at an acute mental health facility and run creative groups in community and disability settings. More recently Caroline has explored mindfulness, meditation and positive psychology. These disciplines inform her current art therapy practice in which well-being and personal insight are the main focus of her work. Caroline is also a trained and practicing artist.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Vivid Art Therapy or organised by Vivid Art Therapy must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Vivid Art Therapy.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Vivid Art Therapy unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Vivid Art Therapy classes and events or on Vivid Art Therapy's premises. (For use of Vivid Art Therapy marketing materials).
Vivid Art Therapy requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Vivid Art Therapy requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Vivid Art Therapy to organise a refund or transfer