INTRO TO JAPANESE INK ART WITH JUNKO AZUKAWA
In the workshop, you will prepare your own ink then learn to make and use different Sumi ink tones and brush techniques to create traditional Japanese ink painting (Sumi-e) on Washi paper made from the mulberry tree.
You will learn to feel and capture the meaning of objects from nature with your interpretation then you will express the objects variously with brush pressure, rhythm, tones and confidence in your strokes. You'll not only learn brush stroke techniques but also experience the whole process and understand yourself through your work.
What you will learn
- Learn how to make Sumi ink and use the materials
- Understand ink tone, basic brush strokes and rhythm.
What you will get
- Experience meditative process in the art
What to bring
- Paper weight, Paper Towel for cleaning.
- If you have some water colour brushes, or any brushes, or paper, note pad plus pen.
What to wear
Apron or art smock, clothes you don’t mind getting ink on accidentally.
Open to everyone
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$5.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through workshops@yava,org.au.
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Shopping Centre carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs in between Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)