Join Nic Plowman (Doug Moran Portrait Prize finalist) in this introduction to portraiture. This workshop will cover both drawing and painting techniques, and will involve demonstrations and practical exercises designed to build knowledge and confidence in paint handling, colour mixing and tonal drawing methods.
Check out Nic's portfolio here: http://www.nicplowman.com/
- All classes require a minimum of 6 participants to go ahead. In the event of a workshop being cancelled, your booking will be fully refunded or transferred to another workshop or date. For cancellations within 24 hours notice of the scheduled class, 50% of the class fee will be refunded.
An intensive all day session 9:15am - 3:00pm
- Composition and perspective aspects of portraiture and how to have a creative edge
- Paint handling, colour mixing and tonal drawing methods
- A range of practical exercise to build your knowledge and confidence in drawing
- An invigorating and inspiring session on portraiture with well-acclaimed artist, Nic Plowman
- The opportunity to build knowledge, confidence and skill in drawing and painting the human face
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- All art materials required are provided
- An A4 head shot printed from computer in both colour and black and white (can be self portrait or of someone else). Strictly no magazine images. Images will provided for those who don't bring a reference image.
- Your thirst for knowledge, a keen eye, and an inquisitive mind
- Cotton rag that can be used for painting (we suggest something old, as it will get ruined, but not dirty)
- Camera: At Zart Art we have a wonderful Student Art Gallery from which you can take pictures of some of the artwork.
No need to bring your own art smock, but wear old clothes as it can get a bit messy!
This workshop is friendly to participants aged 16 and over, of any skill level.
Vendor sincce 2016
Supplier of art and craft materials, stationery and educational products. Our comprehensive range can be found in our online store. Provider of Professional Development workshops in the visual arts. We also provide for schools, universities, local councils, librarians, hospital educators, kindergarten teachers, after school program leaders, and leaders of holiday programmes.
Customer service specialist - we provide ongoing advice on products and techniques and deliver efficient and quick service. We can also assist you with your artroom and budget enquiries. Since our beginning in 1988, Zart Art has remained an Australian owned company firmly committed to creative education in our curriculum.
We believe arts education contributes significantly to the creative & mental growth of our young.
CancellationsA written/emailed notification of cancellation must be received by Zart at least three business days before the workshop starting date. If you need to cancel, please do so as soon as possible, as your place could be given to someone on a waiting list. If Zart is compelled to cancel a workshop, you will be advised as soon as the decision is made, and all moneys paid will be refunded.
Terms & Conditions.
Zart (Zart Art Pty Ltd ACN 621 120 321 -ABN 24 621 120 321)
GENERALPlease read the Zart Art (“Zart”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) website (“Site”) terms and conditions (“Terms”). ZART ART may vary these Terms at any time. Using the Site after the Terms have changed means you accept the changed Terms. If you agree to be bound by these Terms you may use the Site, otherwise you should not.
This site is operated and controlled by ZART ART, in Australia. If you use this Site from outside Australia, you are responsible for complying with any applicable laws. These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of Australia.
You may not create a link from any other website to any part of this Site, other than the homepage, without our express consent. If you link to this Site it is at your own risk.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTYAll intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright and trade mark rights) in all materials displayed or available on this Site belongs to ZART ART unless otherwise stated. If the owner of any material published on this Site is not ZART ART, your rights in respect of that material will be as defined by the copyright owner of the material concerned.
All rights to the Site (including rights in text, graphics, selection, arrangement and overall website design) are reserved and no right or licence is granted or implied under any copyright, patent, trade mark or other intellectual property right of ZART ART or any other party as a consequence of the publication of any material on this Site. No material from this Site may be reproduced, adapted or distributed, in whole or in part, or on any media without written permission (which includes email) from ZART ART.
DISCLAIMERZART ART endeavours to ensure that the information on this Site is accurate and current, but does not accept liability for any error or omission.
All warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Site or in respect of any products or materials referred to on this Site are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The links to third-party websites (URLs) provided on the ZART ART website were valid at the time of publication and were chosen as being an appropriate resource for educational research and information. The links are regularly checked to ensure that they are up-to-date and every effort is made to find additions. We take no responsibility for the third-party links, and do not accept any responsibility for changes or unforeseeable errors.
While we try very hard to keep information and materials on the Site secure and confidential, we are not responsible for any breach of security which is out of our control. We do not warrant that the Site is completely secure.
ZART ART LIABILITYIn no event will ZART ART be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise for any:
- damages (direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect or punitive) of any nature whatsoever;
- increased costs or expenses; or
- loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings, arising out of or in connection with your use of (or inability to use) this Site, any linked website, or any material contained on them.
You agree that if we are held responsible for any damage or loss, Zart Art total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in tort, including but not limited to negligence, contract, or otherwise) will not exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Site.
RESTRICTED ACCESSAccess to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If [we provide you with / you generate] a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access our website [unless you have that person's express permission to do so].
[We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.]
Like many other organisations, ZART ART must comply with privacy legislation when dealing with personal information. We respect your privacy and comply with the Privacy Act 1988. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and request that we amend it if it is incorrect.
Personal information means information or opinions about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information.
COLLECTIONDuring the course of dealing with you, ZART ART may generally collect basic personal information about you, such as your name, address and contact details (used through “MY ZART”). We may also request other specific information from you relating to the goods or services that you wish to obtain.
Use and Disclosure
- To provide the product or service you have requested or to answer your inquiry;
- To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to provide the products or services you have requested. For example, we have contracts with third parties to assist us with functions such as mail-outs;
- To enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service in general;
- For direct marketing of products or services. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications; or
- As set out expressly in these Terms;
- Where otherwise legally permitted