Iconic artist Frida Kahlo is known for her incredible self-portraits, many of which feature her treasured pets such as 'Bonito' her Amazonian parrot who would perform tricks for rewards of butter! Frida often painted birds to symbolise freedom. Monkeys, dogs, and deer were also depicted as symbols of protection and companionship.
Inspired by Frida's animals and our own, students will create large paintings on MDF board, layering acrylic paint and marker pen. The process will explore drawing skills, brushwork techniques and will result in a celebration of colour.
What you will learn
- Inspired by Frida's animals and our own, students will create large paintings on MDF board, layering acrylic paint and marker pen.
What you will get
- The process will explore drawing skills, brushwork techniques and will result in a celebration of colour.
What to bring
- EVERYTHING is provided - If you want, bring along a printed picture of YOUR pets or favourite animal : )
What to wear
Comfortable COOL clothes, it will be hot!
6 - 12 years old.
The Corban Estate Arts Centre is located in Henderson, West Auckland.
We’re home to artist studios, our very own cafe, art classes for adults, youth and children, and an ever-changing programme of exhibitions and events.
Set within park-like grounds amongst historic winery buildings. Open 7 days a week, entry is free, everybody’s welcome.
Please sign up for our regular email updates.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested anytime before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
ADULTS, YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S CLASSES/WORKSHOPS
Enrolments are taken on a ‘first in first served’ basis.
A Deposit is required to secure your place and payment must be made in full to confirm your booking.
Cancellation by CEAC entitles participant to a FULL REFUND.
Cancellation by participant results in transfer where possible, full credit to be used within 6 months of cancellation date OR a full refund MINUS a 10% admin & booking fee.
Please be advised that your contact details will be made available to your Workshop Tutor who may need to contact you over the duration of your course. Please notify us if you prefer that we do not do this.