ASIAN HOME COOKING COURSE ONLINE
Want to discover different flavours at home? Learn with our cooking course featuring a span of Asian cuisines from Japan to India. You’ll learn the fundamental cooking skills tied to each of these unique Asian cultures, as you explore through each week’s lesson. Here you will connect with your chef, ask any question and be connected with foods. We put together the course to include value in our online classes.
Upon purchasing this course, we will send you a confirmation email detailing of links that give you access to our recipes and tutorials ranging from shopping tips, through knife skills, nutritional tips and unique cooking methods. This membership will end one year.
Plus this course give you credit to all our classes and the same class recipes and notes. You can just join any of our weekend classes with our online class calendar. What makes this learning unique is our hands-on cooking along way, where we connect you with expert cook to help guide you through your own cooking adventure.
- Access to over 12 meal plans with vegetable and vegan options with unique, authentic recipes from all over Asia
- A large selection of interactive media and informative structures
- Online support from professional chefs with emails
- Full year with a dozen of Zoom classes with cook along with our expert cooks with all your questions answered
- Dumpling Making
- Vegan (4 classes)
HOW WE RUN THE COURSE
- Upon signing up for the course, we will email you your course page. You will have a reference page that includes all your class links. We have created a full library of pre-recorded videos, class notes and recipes for you to start.
- We run cook a long classes on Saturday or Sunday each week, and you can check the class link for the meal we cook each week and do a check with your pantry, then head to your local supermarket to get the ingredients. On the day of the class., you can then join in our Zoom link to cook along with us.
- If you like to work on your own with some help from our chef through email. You can go as deep into a topic as you want and start and stop anytime.
- Please note that the start times for this experience are scheduled in Melbourne - Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). Please be aware and adjust the start time to your time zone if you are not based in Australia.
- The gift cards are valid for 3 years. Please click the link in the calendar to purchase your gift card. You will receive a digital gift card and a redeemable code to give to the person of your choice. The gift's receiver can redeem the gift card later to gain access to a live cooking session and our online platform.
- The gift card is also redeemable in the future for our in-person classes.
Alison Leeson • Jun 2021
I am learning so many skills from this course. Love that is on line and can be very self pace. I have enjoyed the challenge of having a themed food month. Keep up the great work.
What you will learn
- Online Asian cooking course run over 12 weeks
- Learn the fundamentals of Asian ingredients and flavours
- Kickstart your food journey and master a number of Asian dishes
What you will get
- 12 week online cooking course with expert chef instruction
- Access to a video library
- Recipes and shopping notes
What to bring
- Cook at your home and all ingredients can be bought from local supermarket
What to wear
From 16+ years old
Otao kitchen was launched in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia in July 2014, with the goal of celebrating the rich and varied cooking experiences of Melbourne’s immigrant multicultural communities. Its founder, Chef Ha Nguyen, originally from Hanoi shares his passion for food, instructing customers in the exotic diaspora of Asian and around the world cuisine.
Today our guests can get inspired by cooking with our local and international chefs, listen to their cooking and travel experiences in Asia and around the world and bring some cooking and cultural tips and tricks home. With the nods at the diversity of communities within Melbourne, Otao kitchen features an array of food experiences on Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Dumplings, Indian, Korean, Indonesian, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican cuisines and more.
In 2020 with the challenge of global Covid 19 pandemic, we set out to capture the curriculum of our hands-cooking classes and deliver it online to home cooks in Australia and across the world to guide you to cooking success and better health.
Otao kitchen is named after Ông Táo, the Vietnamese Kitchen God. Ông Táo is regarded as the advocate of Vietnamese families to the gods and a messenger between Heaven and Earth. In preparation for a prosperous year, Vietnamese families clean their homes and polish their silver. During the New Year celebrations, Ông Táo comes to serve as the Kitchen God to Vietnamese families. As the old year ends, he flys back to Heaven on a magic carp reporting on each family’s life and experiences over the past year to the Jade Emperor, the King of Heaven. Ông Táo is regarded as a family member and various prayers and offerings are brought to him at the family altar.
Otao Kitchen aims to increase the accessibility of healthy food options with hands-on cooking. Our cooking classes offer you an intelligent, thoughtful and authentic cooking experience - that is fun, adventurous and suitable for people of all ages, teams, work party, backgrounds or levels of cooking skills. The skills you will learn are fully transferable to your own kitchen and we look forward to hearing and seeing what you create at home after the classes.
For face-to-face cooking classes visit https://otaokitchen.com.au
For online cooking classes and portal visit http://homecookinglive.com
Otao kitchen cooking school has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Otao kitchen requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Otao kitchen has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Otao kitchen does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Otao kitchen to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Otao kitchen or organised by Otao kitchen must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Otao kitchen
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Otao kitchen unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Otao kitchen classes and events or on Otao kitchen premises. (For use of Otao kitchen marketing materials).
Otao kitchen requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.