Return to SquarePeg to work with Linda in this one day hands on workshop.
Over the course of the day you get to progress the skills you will have learned in our Liquid Enamel One Beginners workshop.
Come and spend the day advancing your projects with a tutor by your side to assist you.
The Liquid Enamel Two workshop is aimed at anyone who has been working at home on their Liquid Enamel practice, or perhaps haven't been able to - as you don't have a kiln.
Either way, this class is the perfect next step to learn new tips and tricks to add to your enamelling skill set.
Your tutor, Linda Blair is a recognised exhibiting contemporary jeweller who has used liquid enamel extensively in her practice for a decade. Linda is a generous and knowledgeable instructor.
MEET YOUR TUTOR
Linda Blair studied Jewellery and Object design and Jewellery Manufacture at the Design Centre Enmore. Linda works with enamel and currently is creating pieces that replicate gems and gem set jewellery, replacing the stones with enamel. Many of these pieces are based on historic jewellery from the 16th to the 20th century. She is also interested in the addition of colour, line and texture to her work. Linda creates one off pieces, with no two pieces being the same.
What you will learn
- Scraffito - a lovely technique introducing texture and depth to designs
- Tips and tricks for soldering and firing IT enamelling solder joins
- Individual consultations with students about their projects and ideas
What you will get
- Copper sheet for sampling
- Liquid enamels
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits), including IT enamelling solder, as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
What to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- An apron
- Covered shoes
- Your ideas and creativity
What to wear
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes, long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back. Our warehouse has a concrete floor and can be cold in winter (we have some heating!) and hot in summer so please dress appropriately
Perfect for those who have previous experience with Liquid Enamel processes
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 30 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy 1/8/22
SquarePeg Studios has provided jewellery tuition at the highest level since 2011. We bring professional jewellers and practising artists from near and far to provide our students with an excellent and diverse education in an inspiring and well-equipped learning environment.
The following terms and conditions must be adhered to,
- For peace of mind enrolling, SquarePeg Studios recommend purchasing the optional refund protection offered by We Teach Me, our third-party booking platform, at checkout. (See We Teach Me terms and conditions)
- On enrolment, the course fees must be paid in full or via our available payment plan options to secure the place.
- Cancellations 30 days or more before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will accept cancellations in writing up to one month before the start date of the class. The refund will be the fee paid less a $30 booking fee and administration fee.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the total fees paid if preferred. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Cancellations up to 21 days before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid less the $30 administration fee. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Transfers between 21 and 5 days before the class starts will only be processed if the student's place in the course can be filled.
- SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student to an alternate date within 12 months of the original booking and issue a $30 administration fee.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits will be issued for non-attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Jewellery Studio Bench access is available to students 18 years and older or by special arrangement for younger students.
- Some of our courses require prior learning and have minimum age requirements. Therefore, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as of 27th July 2022. Subject to change as per Government directives.
- Suppose a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives. In that case, SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next scheduled course or workshop date and promptly notify the student of the change.
- If the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date. The credit note will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue. SquarePeg Studios, at its discretion, may issue a refund less the $30 booking and administration fee.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors.