Stencil Art Workshop
Ever wanted to find out how Banksy does it?
Learn how to create quirky stencil art on canvas, from sketching the image to spray paint technique. No experience required!
This 2.5-hour workshop is ideal for absolute beginners, so if you’ve never picked up an art knife before, never fear! From sketching to cutting to spraying, all secrets of this DIY process will be revealed and you too can make your own two-toned stencil masterpiece.
Bring along a photo or drawing of your choice to work with. Remember, simple images with more contrast are better! A selection of images will be available on the day for those still searching for inspiration.
- workshop with street artist teacher
- all materials including 1 canvas to take home
- refreshments during the workshop (light morning tea)
Minimum age of 15+
- Learn how to design and make your own street art stencil from scratch
- Discover the history and relevance of stencils within the street art movement
- Create your own piece of spray painted art onto a canvas or T-shirt to take home
- Professional street art demonstration by our renowned stencil artists
- All materials to create your own street art stencil
- A T-shirt or canvas to take home painted with your own artwork
- The chance to explore the famous Blender Studios in Melbourne’s CBD
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- Your creative enthusiasm
- A reference image or photo if you have something specific in mind that you would like to work with (please note this is not mandatory however)
- Any other objects that you might want to paint your stencil on to such as a book cover etc.
Appropriate clothing for a painting class! If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
Anyone interested in learning more about street art, or looking for a fun creative activity. You don’t need to be a good drawer for this class, just come along with your creative enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different. We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 20+ studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.