This evening demonstration course (central city venue) will teach you two very sexy and divinely textured cheeses.
Soft, silky Persian fetta – needing little introduction, the method for making Persian fetta is completely different to other types of fetta. Deliciously smooth, this cheese will be gobbled up on your cheese board or will be the star of your dishes.
Blissful Bucheron – impressive outside with it’s soft, fluffy, gorgeously wrinkled rind, cut into this cheese to discover what may look like a camembert, is distinctively different....Beneath the white, goregously wrinkled rind you’ll discover a lovely brie like layer, before your taste buds are awakened by a lively, smooth and moreish feathery centre. Camembert-esque but quick, this cheese is ready to eat in just 3 weeks.
It's a 50 Shades of Sexy evening....as we teach you how to turn two recipes into endless variations and twists. You'll learn and taste goat and cow milk variations, and discover presentation and serving ideas. But don't worry - it's still a G rating evening - as we've tried and tested it all until it's 'surprisingly simple'.
This course is perfect for beginner and graduate cheese makers.
- How to make soft, silky Persian Fetta that will have even the most discerning cheese critics swooning!
- The secrets to a tantalising 2-for-1 cheese - the blissful Bucheron.
- Cow and goat milk variations for both cheeses.
- The Cheese Maker’s edition of ‘Soft & Sexy - Persian Fetta & Bucheron Home Cheese Making Guide’
- Sparkling wine, canapés, and tastings
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the evening (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
Relaxed evening dress (as this is a demonstration event feel free to dress up). Our usual rules of short sleeves, flat shoes and no jewelry DO NOT apply to this course).
Vendor since 2014
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs half day and full day classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All payments are final.
- A $50 fee applies to course date transfers and date transfers are not permitted within 14 days of course date. You can however transfer a course to another party.
- All courses are subject to minimum numbers (in the event that minimum course numbers are not reached, you will be notified 7 days prior to course commencement). If your course is postponed by The Cheese Maker due to insufficient numbers you will be given the option to transfer to a future course. If an appropriate date within 3 months cannot be found, you will be offered a full refund.
If you purchase a gift voucher for a course with no course date selected, course credit will be valid for 12 months from date of purchase. If a gift voucher is purchased for a specific course date, the general course refund and transfer policy applies.
Email newsletter subscription
Course participants will automatically be added to The Cheese Maker's graduate email newsletter. Containing news, information and tips for your cheesemaking, this comes out 2-3 times per year and you can unsubscribe at any time.